Here is what my mother prepared for Valentine’s Day dinner 2008. It turned out awesome, and of course, I was there to enjoy all the wonderful flavors!
First Course: Red Ugly Tomato Salad with Gorgonzola Cheese
Kraft Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
1 large ugly tomato
1 bucket of crumbled gorgonzola blue cheese that you can pick up at your local grocery store
2 Hearts of Romaine
1 medium red onion
Couple of twists of Fresh cracked pepper
Slice the ugly tomato into large slices. Shop the romaine heats into medium pieces (big enough to eat with a fork). Thinly slice the red onion.
Make a bed of romaine lettuce. Put the tomato slices, onion slices, and cheese on top of lettuce.
Then drizzle with salad dressing. Add a twist of cracked pepper.
Main Course: Bourbon glazed salmon, marinated BBQ shrimp, and Olive oil garlic vermicelli with spinach pasta.
Quarter Cup of bourbon
Quarter cup of brown sugar
Quarter cup of soy sauce
Ken’s steak house tomato vinaigrette
Clove of garlic
Box of olive oil garlic Vermicelli pasta (any brand)
2 pounds of spinach
Shaved parmesan cheese to top
1. Marinate salmon in bourbon, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Marinate shrimp in vinaigrette, garlic, balsamic vinegar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Both for a couple of hours.
2. Place salmon and shrimp on hot grill; cook 5 minutes on each side.
3. Prepare Vermicelli to box directions. Cook spinach and add to prepared vermicelli, and top with parmesan cheese.
4. Prepare bread to go with your meal… everything tastes better with bread.
5. My mom recommends a white pinot grigio to go with this meal.