Sunday, March 21, 2010

Almond Milk

I have recently discovered almond milk. My mom told me about it because she saw a special on a morning news show talking about how it is good for runners because of the anti-oxidants. She knew I had recently taken up running/cycling as a hobby so she suggested it to me.
I got the Silk brand from the store and boy was I surprised...in a good way! It tasted awesome. I got the sweetened almond milk, and it tastes just like almonds but sweet and creamy. It is so good. I have started to use it in my cooking as well. I made my normal batch of muffins this morning, and substituted the almond milk for the cow's milk, and they turned out great!
Here is a link talking about almond milk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond_milk
I hope you try it soon.

No comments: