Sunday, March 14, 2010

French Onion Soup and Mushroom Roast

I forgot to get a picture of the beautiful roast that I created in the slow cooker. That really irks me. However, I am going to blog it anyways so you can try it and see it for yourself. It turned out so good that I'm sure I'll make it again. When I do, hopefully I will remember to take a picture! lol

Ingredients:
Large beef roast
three cans of Campbell's french onion soup (and two cans of water)
two sliced porobello mushrooms
Tablespoon garlic powder
three bay leaves
two small potato's, peeled, cut in half
fresh cracked pepper

What to do:
I placed the beef roast in the slow cooker along with the three cans of Campbell's french onion soup and two cans of water. The roast was completely covered. I then added the mushrooms, bay leaves, garlic powder, potato's and pepper. The potato's were only added to suck out any extra salt the onion soup gives off. I did not want it to be too salty so I added those just in case. I think next time if I just use low sodium soup, it should be fine.
I placed this on low heat for 8 hours (my slow cooker cooks hot, so if yours does not, then put on medium or high depending on size of roast).

The roast turned out so good. I had a side of stir fry vegetable blend with cheese and the dish was complete. The mushrooms soaked up all the onion soup flavor and the roast was fork tender. Once again, the house smelt awesome.

No comments: