Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pork loin with Plum Sauce

This is another dish made by my mom. She saw this recipe on FoodNetwork, by Sandra Lee. She tried it the very next day. I think it looks great, and I will definitely have to try it. She said it was very good, and her and Dad could not stop eating it.

Ingredients:
½ cup Chardonnay
2 tsp corn starch
½ cup Plum Sauce
Small pork loin

How to:
Mix Chardonnay & cornstarch in crock pot until dissolved.
Season pork with salt, pepper, & minced garlic
Pour Plum sauce in the crock, mix then add pork
Cook on high 4 hours, low 6 hours.

I'm wondering if this could be used as a base recipe for a Chinese like pork dish. Maybe add some ginger while cooking, and then a dash of soy sauce when finished. I will have to experiment and see what happens.

No comments: